Construction at a deadly intersection in Madison County is being completed today. Road work began back in July at at the intersection of US-72 and Dug Hill Road and this morning crews went out to wrap up the $350,000 project. The Department of Transportation said construction workers were striping Dug Hill Road and putting in curbs to make sure drivers are turning the right way. Officials said from now on you can't make left turns from Dug Hill Road. Instead you will need to turn right onto US-72 and then make a U-turn. Officials said this could reduce injuries and fatal crashes. The construction began this morning at 9 a.m. Officials said all lanes are now open and there are signs to help you navigate the area safely.
The road work at the intersection began back in July and the Department of Transportation says it will be completed on Thursday.
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 10:50 AM
- US-72 and Dug Hill Road project is being completed Thursday
- One person taken to Huntsville Hospital after wreck at Dug Hill Road
- Traffic alert: Part of Dug Hill Road closed for downed power lines, poles
- Motorcycle catches fire after colliding with guardrail on Dug Hill Road in Huntsville
- Alabama lawmaker wants changes to Highway 72 at Dug Hill Road after another deadly crash
- 1 dead after wreck at Highway 72 and Dug Hill Road in Madison County
- Traffic alert: Crash slows traffic at Governors Drive, Dug Hill Road
- Huntsville's Jordan Road extension project almost complete
- 'Complete Streets' project to make Huntsville roads more cyclist-friendly
- South Huntsville workers hope for more business with road project completion
Scroll for more content...