Accused arsonist, Haden Duncan, turned himself over to the Colbert County Sheriff on Thursday night. He's accused of setting fire to a camper, a mobile home and a truck on Monday in Leighton. He is held on both arson and burglary charges.
According to Colbert County Sheriff Frank Williamson, Duncan set the fires Monday afternoon between Duncan and Hammer Lanes.
Duncan was arrested on October 19th for setting fire to his family home; he ultimately bonded out. According to court documents, his wife said the day he set the home on fire, he held her at gunpoint and threatened her and her children. He was arrested for that fire on October 24th, and his wife filed a "protection from abuse" order against him.
Court documents say that on October 19, he went to his home on Hammer Lane and said he was going to kill his wife. These documents say Duncan's wife eventually talked him down and convinced him to take her and the children to get some food.
When they got to a restaurant in Muscle Shoals, Duncan's wife went up to the counter and told them to call police. That's when he went back to the home, set it on fire and then fled into the woods.
The police chief in Leighton was speaking with Duncan on his cell phone to try to get him out of the woods. Duncan told police he wanted to speak with his wife and tell her he was sorry for burning their house down. He admitted in these court documents that he poured gasoline on the couch, recliner and master bedroom, then set the home on fire.
Duncan eventually surrendered and was arrested for the October 19 fire a few days later and was let out on a $5,000 bond for second degree arson.
- UPDATE: suspect arrested for arson in Colbert County
- UPDATE: Suspect ID'ed in Colbert County Homicide
- UPDATE: One person shot in Colbert County
- Colbert County summer school program
- Colbert investigators searching for robbery suspects
- Update: Colbert County evacuates residents from flooded neighborhood
- UPDATE: Dangerous man caught by police in Colbert County.
- Colbert man arrested for having fake bomb
- Sex offender arrested in Colbert County for failing to register
- Limestone County man arrested for attempted murder, arson