Two women are being treated at Huntsville Hospital after emergency officials said their car wrecked along Highway 431.
Around 6:20 p.m., emergency officials responded to a wreck with entrapment just south of the Old Highway 431/Main Drive intersection on the east side of Highway 431. New Hope Police at the scene told WAAY 31 that the wreck was caused by "heavy rain."
HEMSI Community Relations Officer Don Webster said two women were transported to the hospital. One of them had minor injures and the other woman's injuries were considered serious. They were both being evaluated on the way to the hospital.
No other vehicles were involved in the wreck.
- Two women injured after car slams head-on into a tree in New Hope
- Watch: Car slams into Florence business
- Shoals man injured in Saturday car crash
- Athens crash injures driver, mangles car
- Huntsville women survive tree falling onto their home
- Former New Hope football star injured in motorcycle wreck
- Spotting hazardous trees
- Country singer Mickey Gilley injured in car wreck
- Bikers host car wash to raise money for injured motorcyclist
- HPD: car thief injured after crashing into auto shop