UPDATE: The man involved in the shooting, Daron Parks, died Tuesday, November 27.
Two people have been transported to the hospital after a double shooting at Harden Avenue in Huntsville. According to police, a man is in critical condition and a woman has non-life threatening injuries.
Around 2:45 p.m. Tuesday, a woman was cleaning inside her apartment when a man entered the home uninvited. Shortly after, an unidentified suspect also entered the home and started fighting with the man.
Investigators learned the woman left the room and went into another room, and a short time later she heard gunshots coming from the back of the apartment. She was shot in the arm when she went to see what had happened.
The man who was in the home was also shot and left and drove himself to the hospital. The woman shot in the arm flagged down a police officer.
Investigators say they are getting conflicting information about what happened and the shooting is under investigation.
- Two victims injured in shooting at Harden Avenue in Huntsville
- South Huntsville shooting leaves victim critically injured
- One dead after Huntsville shooting on Crestmore Avenue
- One man injured in Huntsville shooting
- 3 people injured in north Huntsville shooting
- 2 injured in Huntsville convenience store shooting
- Man injured in North Huntsville shooting
- Huntsville shooting victim not cooperating with police
- One dead in Deramus Avenue shooting
- Huntsville police identify homicide victim