UPDATE: The wreck has been cleared, and Winchester Road is opened.
According to the State Trooper, 18-year-old Shauntia Ward from New Market and 15-year-old Desiree Holt from Huntsville were in one car turning left onto Winchester Road from Sougahatchee Drive when another car, driven by 35-year-old Kerry Hunt from Tennessee, was heading south. The two cars collided sending the car driven by Ward flying down the road to land in someone's front yard.
Ward and Holt are currently at Huntsville Hospital in the care of trauma services.
Madison County engineers told WAAY31 that there were three accidents between 2013-17 at the same intersection.
- UPDATE: Two students hospitalized after wreck on Winchester Road
- UPDATE: Woman killed in Winchester Road wreck identified
- Traffic alert: Wreck blocks part of Winchester Road
- Gas leak temporarily shuts down Winchester Road
- 1 hurt in 3-vehicle Winchester Road crash
- 1 injured in motorcycle wreck at Winchester Road, Moores Mill Road
- New mixed-use development coming to Winchester Road
- Huntsville Utilities crews temporarily suspending travel along Winchester Road
- Winchester Road widening could cause delay for drivers in Huntsville
- Huntsville police: Alcohol likely a factor in Winchester Road crash