Monday morning update:
The DeKalb County Sheriff's Office has identified the missing 18-year-old man as Koy Spears.
Macedonia Fire Chief Jimmy Jones said several crews still are searching for the missing 18-year-old man.
He said crews are searching the Jackson and DeKalb County sides of Matheny's Creek in Buck's Pocket State Park.
The Marshall County Sheriff's Office is planning to bring in a helicopter and drone to help with the search depending on the weather.
Jones said crews can't search the water right now because it is moving too fast so they are searching the banks.
Some teams are in the water searching on the lake side where the water is calmer.
As long as the weather cooperates, they plan to continue searching until they find him.
Authorities are not releasing his name at this time.
According to Macedonia Fire Chief Jimmy Jones, crews are still looking for an 18-year-old boy after the Jeep he was riding in was swept off a bridge by flood waters.
It happeneded Friday night at Matheny's Creek in Buck's Pocket State Park. Jones said a male and female in their late teens or early twenties were rescued by crews after they were found yelling for help while holding on to a tree in flood waters. Both were taken to the hospital for hypothermia but are expected to be okay.
Officials told WAAY 31 the bridge typically floods during heavy rainfall. There are no warning signs around the bridge. "It's just a known fact not to cross the bridge when it's flooded like this," said Jones.
Crews are searching for the teen but they are unable to search directly in the water because of the speed of the water. The Jeep has not been found. Jones said crews will continue to search for the teen throughout the weekend.
Officials said the bridge is located where the county lines meet for DeKalb, Jackson, and Marshall Counties.
PREVIOUS STORY: According to a spokesperson with the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office, emergency crews are on the scene of a water rescue at Buck's Pocket State Park.
Officials said one vehicle went into the water after a wreck, and two of the vehicle's occupants have been rescued. Crews are still working to rescue a third occupant. It happened at a bridge in the state park. The cause of the wreck is unknown at this time.
Crews with the DeKalb County Emergency Management Agency, the sheriff's office, state troopers and fire officials are at the scene. At this time, the cause of the wreck is unknown.
- UPDATE: Rushing water hindering search for teen missing in Buck’s Pocket State Park creek
- Search for missing teen resumes at Buck's Pocket State Park
- Buck's Pocket State Park closed as crews suspend search for missing teen
- Search for teen missing at Buck's Pocket State Park suspended due to bad weather
- Vehicle expected to be pulled from Buck's Pocket State Park where teen went missing
- Athens students create a "Pocket Park" to beautify an alley
- Bibb County authorities searching for missing teen
- Search resumes for missing DeKalb County teen
- People glad tiny fish won't hinder huge Mazda Toyota plant
- Search for missing DeKalb County teen resumes as flood waters recede