Two new celebrity-driven restaurants will move into the MidCity development on University Drive, developers said Thursday afternoon.
Wahlburgers and Rascal Flatts will both come to the $350 million development in 2019, developer RCP Companies said.
Wahlburgers, a full-service burger chain started by actors Mark and Donnie Wahlberg and their brother Paul, will start construction on a 4,000-square-foot facility later this year with an expected opening in 2019.
The Rascal Flatts restaurant, which is named after and endorsed by the country music duo, will be a 7,500-square-foot facility serving southern food and featuring live entertainment. It will be located across the bridge from Topgolf. The restaurant's scheduled opening is in summer 2019, developers said.
Both restaurants will also feature full-service bars.
RCP said construction is also underway for Huntsville coffee makers Alchemy at The Camp. It's expected to open in June.
Dave and Buster's and High Point Climbing and Fitness are among other tenants planned for the MidCity development.
- Two new restaurants announced for MidCity development
- New hotel announced for MidCity Huntsville development
- MidCity Huntsville announces new developments as Topgolf nears opening
- First restaurant announced for downtown Huntsville development
- REI to open first Alabama store at MidCity development
- Councilman: Huntsville's MidCity to cost $500 million more than expected
- Developers to announce update on Bellefonte Nuclear Plant project
- Senator Shelby announces $690,000 in rural development investments
- Huntsville group announces study on North Alabama workforce development
- People in Huntsville look forward to Dave & Buster's coming to MidCity