National Weather Service survey teams found three more tornado tracks Wednesday, bringing the total of confirmed twisters that touched down Monday evening to 11.
One of the newest three tracks was found in southwest Colbert County.
The other two tracks were found in Lawrence County. According to the National Weather Service the two found in Lawrence County were stengths of EF-0 and EF-1.
A tornado track was found in northwest Jackson County, along Highway 65 in the Francisco community, according to the weather service. That tornado was a weak EF-1 with 86 mph winds, they said. The other tornado track was rated EF-0 with 75 mph winds east of Decherd in Franklin County, Tenn.
Two EF-1 strength tornadoes touched down Monday in Franklin County, Ala. There were also EF-1 tornadoes in southern Morgan County and in Hazel Green in Madison County.
Tornadoes that hit in the Horton area of Marshall County and in the Elkmont-Ardmore area of Limestone County were measured as EF-2 tornadoes, according to the weather service.
- Three more tornado tracks found, bringing TN Valley total to 11
- SCOTUS denies TN abortion appeal
- Dangerous Storms Could Bring Tornadoes To The Valley Friday Night
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation makes infrastructure announcement impacting the TN Valley
- Bag of bones found in TN are those of a missing man
- Fayetteville, TN police: Kidnapping suspect arrested in Alabama, victim found safe
- Limestone County Schools superintendent considering new job in TN
- Burn permit reminder ahead of TN wildfire season
- Suspect apprehended after weekend burglary in Lawrence County, TN
- Flooded roads cause Monday delay at Lincoln County TN schools