Two men are in the Jackson County Jail on drug charges and could be hit with carjacking charges as well, the Jackson County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday.
The carjacking happened Monday at a cemetery on County Road 215 near Nat Mountain, according to the sheriff's office.
A Jackson County deputy found a suspect vehicle and stopped it on Westlawn Drive in Scottsboro, authorities said. The deputy said he found 35 grams of methamphetamine and a .22-caliber handgun in the vehicle. Michael Vincent Utech, 27, of Scottsboro, was arrested for meth trafficking, meth possession, drug paraphernalia and being a felon in possession of a firearm. He was booked into the Jackson County Jail on $35,300 bond.
Later Monday evening, Scottsboro police said they found a second carjacking suspect at a home on Benson Lane in Scottsboro. Sheriff's deputies arrived and said they found Charles David Carter, 37, of Gurley, with a small amount of meth and drug paraphernalia. Carter was charged with meth and drug paraphernalia possession. He was jailed on $5,300 bond.
Investigators are still looking into the carjacking case and have not filed any charges, authorities said.
- Two men face drug charges after carjacking investigation
- Limestone County investigators arrest three men on drug charges
- Florence men facing felony meth, heroin charges
- Athens woman facing drug trafficking charges
- Sheffield man, Atlanta men face drug charges, more after DeKalb County chase
- Three men arrested on drug, theft charges in Athens
- Three men arrested on drug charges in Decatur
- 2 DeKalb County men charged after drug raid
- Man facing drug sale charges in Jackson County
- Two facing drug charges after multi-county police chase