Two men are being held in the DeKalb County Jail on charges of sexually abusing a child under 12.
James Michael Perego and James Lee Britton Junior, both of Henagar, were arrested after an investigation that started the week of May 7, the DeKalb County Sheriff's Office said.
Perego was arrested Friday at his home on County Road 723 and charged with four counts of sexual abuse of a child under 12 and second-degree sodomy.
Britton was arrested at his home on Mississippi Street. He was charged with resisting arrest and three counts of sexual abuse of a child under 12.
The sheriff's office did not say how many victims may have been involved in the case.
Bond for both men has not been set, authorities said.
- Two men charged with child sex abuse
- Boaz man facing child porn, sex abuse charges
- Madison County authorities charge man with child sex abuse
- Gadsden man in custody for child sex abuse charges
- Lauderdale Co. investigators arrest man on child sex abuse charges
- Limestone County suspects charged with sex abuse of a child
- Former preacher faces child sex abuse charges in Limestone Co.
- Town Creek man arrested on multiple child sex abuse charges
- Husband, Wife arrested on sex abuse charges
- Convicted sex offender charged with child porn