Photo Gallery 1 Images
Colbert County Drug Task Force Agents arrested two men after they said the men chased down a mail carrier to get a package containing seven pounds of pot.
Ramiro Garza II, 37, and Bradley Short, 29, were both arrested earlier this week and charged with trafficking marijuana.
Agents said they were notified by the U.S. Postal Service about a suspicious package being delivered from California to a Tuscumbia address.
Officials set up surveillance on the home in Tuscumbia on Tuesday. The mail carrier went to the door but no one was there. Agents said the mail carrier continued on his route and then a van came out of nowhere and started chasing the mail carrier down.
Officials said Garza and Short stopped the mail carrier to get their package and that's when agents stopped them.
They were given consent to search the suspects car and said they found nine grams of marijuana. Officials then got a search warrant for the package, where they said they discovered seven pounds of high grade pot.
Garza and Short were taken to the Colbert County Jail. Garza has posted his $25,000 bond. Short remains in jail on a $25,000 bond.
- Two men arrested for trafficking drugs through the mail
- Postal workers accused of stealing mail, trafficking weed
- 4 arrested on drug trafficking charges in Cullman County
- Police arrest Huntsville man on drug trafficking charges
- Three suspects arrested in Morgan Co. for trafficking synthetic drugs
- Lawrence County sheriff arrests 2 on drug trafficking, pot charges
- Two men jailed in meth trafficking investigation
- Athens woman facing drug trafficking charges
- Athens man charged with drug trafficking
- Two Arrested in Conspiracy For Human Trafficking