Huntsville Police confirmed two men are in custody after a brief, low-speed chase early Tuesday in Huntsville where one of the suspects allegedly fired a gun out the window of the car.
Police said this began with a reported shoplifting incident at a gas station near University Drive and Pulaski Pike. The suspects left in a black Chevrolet Impala. Police responded and spotted the vehicle whose driver sped off as officers attempted to pull him over.
At some point one of the two men in the car allegedly fired a gun out the window and into the air.
Police ultimately deployed spike strips to stop the car near the intersection of Beard Street and Turf Avenue in a residential neighborhood west of Pulaski Pike.
In addition to taking the two men inside the car into custody, police also confirmed to WAAY-31 a gun was found inside the car. Fortunately there were no injuries as a result of this chase.
- Two men in custody after police chase in Huntsville
- Suspects in custody after police chase in Huntsville
- Huntsville Police: Man in custody after early morning chase
- Two in custody after afternoon chase in Huntsville
- Two in custody after Marshall County police chase
- Huntsville Police: Domestic violence suspect taken into custody
- Huntsville murder suspect in custody in Memphis
- Police chase in Huntsville ends with car fire
- Huntsville officer injured after robbery leads to police chase
- One in custody, one sought after car chase from Tennessee