Decatur Police Department told WAAY 31, one person of interest is in custody after two people are dead after a shooting.
Morgan County Coroner, Jeff Chunn said, the two victims were a black female, 27, and a black male, 31. Chunn said, he can not release the names of the victims or cause of death at this time.
The assailant is believed to be a potential acquaintance, authorities said.
Police told WAAY 31, that this was not a random act.
The shooting occurred Wednesday around 2:00 p.m. at 915 Clearview St. SW.
Cathy Nicholas a family member said, "she's my niece and he's my nephew. I am so furious. I am so furious."
Nicholas told WAAY 31, her phone began ringing non-stop this afternoon while at work. When she finally answered it was news no family member ever wants to hear.
The woman that called 911 was the mother of one of the victims.
Nicholas said, the mother of the victim said she "heard gunshots and went up to the door and heard the baby going from one room to the next crying and finally she called 911."
"I really don't know what else to tell you, they've never done nothing to nobody, nobody, nobody, and I don't understand," said Nicholas.
Decatur Police Department said the matter is under investigation.
- Person of interest in custody after double murder in Decatur
- Person of interest in custody for Birmingham school shooting
- Police investigating murder at Huntsville apartment, person of interest in custody
- Person of interest identified in Madison County murder
- Decatur man charged with capital murder in double homicide
- Decatur police looking for 2nd person of interest for January shooting
- Suspect arrested in Decatur murder
- Police searching for person of interest in deadly shooting
- Decatur murder suspect in custody, witness says ‘he walked away with no remorse’
- Decatur police: Driver in deadly 2018 crash in custody for murder, robbery