Photo Gallery 1 Images
Florence Fire officials told WAAY 31 a 2-year-old and 4-year-old were air lifted to UAB for moderate to substantial burns they received from boiling water. They do not know the circumstances that led to the children’s injuries.
The call came in at 10:43 a.m. Tuesday to a home in the Creekwood subdivision on Druery Lane. Florence police said so far there's nothing indicating the burns to the children were malicious, but they have to open an investigation any time kids are hurt to do their due diligence.
WAAY 31 has also learned that the Department of Human Resources is now involved, which is standard protocol on a case like this.
- Two Florence children flown to Birmingham hospital after boiling water burns
- Child on bike hit by car in Limestone County, flown to hospital in Birmingham
- Decatur student flown to hospital after falling from banister
- Bullets hit Birmingham's Topgolf
- Thousands marched in Birmingham for the 55th Anniversary of Birmingham children's marches of 1963
- Re-enactment of 1963 'children's crusade' set in Birmingham
- Birmingham hospital shooting leaves employee and suspected gunman dead
- Woman shot in Birmingham home
- Baby flown to hospital after near drowning at Joe Wheeler State Park
- Demolition of ECM Hospital in Florence begins