Two people have been charged with murdering a 17-year-old girl whose body was found in the Tennessee River in August.
Eugene Defrederick Collyear, 56, and Chandler Demetrius Herring, 19, were arrested Thursday and charged with murder. Both men are being held on $100,000 bonds in the Madison County Jail.
Collyear and Herring are accused of killing Rose Ellen Jones of Toney. Jones was last heard from when she texted her mother Aug. 6 and told her she was on her way home from a store. Her body was found in the river near Ditto Landing on Aug. 16.
The Madison County Sheriff's Office did not give any other details on the case.
- Two charged with murder of Toney teenager
- Man indicted on capital murder charges for 2016 Toney murders
- Teenager charged as adult with attempted murder
- Overnight fire destroys Toney home
- Feds charge Huntsville, Toney, Hoover doctors in opioid scheme
- Toney road reopens after afternoon wreck
- Suspect caught after search in Toney
- Accidental shooting in Toney leaves neighbors worried
- Hartselle man charged with sodomizing teenager
- Former clinic of Toney doctor facing federal charges under 'new management'