Two people are facing charges after authorities said a search of a Scottsboro home turned up more than a pound of marijuana, as well as meth and other drugs.
Members of the Jackson County Sheriff's Office and Scottsboro Police Department searched a home on Long Hollow Road Wednesday and said they found 572 grams of marijuana -- about 1.2 pounds -- as well as 5 grams of meth, Xanax, Oxycodone, illegal prescription medications and $1,600 in cash.
Authorities arrested Mandy Adelle Carrasco, 39, for first-degree marijuana possession, three counts of drug possession, illegal prescription medication possession and drug paraphernalia possession.
William Anthony Swearengin, 60, was charged with first-degree marijuana possession.
Swearengin was released on $2,800 bond. Carrasco was released on $18,100 bond.
- Two arrested on drug charges in Scottsboro
- Scottsboro police arrest woman on multiple drug charges
- Woman arrested in Scottsboro hotel
- Marshall County sheriff: Scottsboro man arrested twice in 2 days on drug charges
- Scottsboro judge submits resignation
- Earthquake reported near Scottsboro
- UPDATE: Scottsboro man arrested on child porn charges
- Scottsboro woman charged in Sunday afternoon shooting
- Scottsboro judge faces reckless endangerment charges
- Two arrested on drug charges