A Section couple is now facing criminal charges for a December dog attack that
Brian Keith Graden, 43, and Melody Ann Graden, 45, were each arrested on one charge of criminally negligent homicide and four counts of failing to immunize a dog for rabies. They were recently indicted by a Jackson County grand jury, a Jackson County Sheriff's Office spokesman said.
They were charged in connection with the Dec. 7 death of Emily Mae Colvin, 24. Colvin was mauled to death by five dogs that also attacked another person who came to Colvin's aid.
A friend of Colvin's told WAAY 31 she had complained about the dogs running loose in the area before.
Four of the dogs were euthanized. The fifth was shot and killed when authorities said it attacked a deputy who responded to the attack.
The Gradens were jailed in the Jackson County Jail on $5,000 bonds each.
- Two arrested in connection with fatal Jackson County dog attack
- Jackson Co. sheriff explains dog ordinances after deadly attack
- UPDATE: Victim's name released in Jackson Co. dog attack
- Judge orders Jackson County dogs to be euthanized following deadly attack
- Dogs responsible for fatal attack in Guntersville are put down
- Four arrested in Jackson County drug bust
- 5 arrested in Jackson County meth bust
- 4 arrested in Jackson County meth, prescription pill bust
- PHOTOS: Seven arrested in Jackson County drug bust
- Men arrested for drugs after Jackson County standoff