Two men are behind bars after the Morgan County Sheriff's Office said they tried to run from Alabama State Troopers Saturday morning.
According to the MCSO, troopers were pursing a vehicle on Interstate 65 around 10 a.m. when it stopped around Exit 318/Lacon. When a trooper approached the vehicle, both men ran from the car and jumped over a guardrail down to Highway 31.
Source: Morgan County Sheriff's Office
They then ran into the woods along Higdon Road and Highway 31.
Both the MCSO and Falkville police set up a perimeter and started to search for the men. K9 Deputy Juko picked up on the scent of the men about a mile up the ridge line.
When law enforcement officials approached the men, they both surrendered. They were identified as James Bernard Burns, 35, and Christopher Demond Ivey, 27. Both are residents of Huntsville and both had revoked licenses and outstanding warrants.
They were booked into the Morgan County Jail with final charges and bond amounts pending.
- Two arrested following vehicle pursuit, foot chase in Morgan County
- Morgan County deputies arrest woman after chase
- Morgan Co. sheriff: Woman arrested after multi-county pursuit of stolen vehicle
- Morgan County sheriff: Man in jail after leading deputies on car, foot chase
- DeKalb County sheriff arrests several suspects after vehicle pursuits
- Suspect arrested after standoff, pursuit with Morgan Co. deputies
- Morgan County high-speed chase ends in arrests, drug bust
- 2 suspects arrested after high-speed chase in Morgan County
- Authorities arrest Morgan County man suspected of breaking into vehicle
- 15-year-old suspect in custody after vehicle, foot pursuit in Decatur