An overnight chase in Huntsville landed two men in jail.
Shortly after midnight, an officer attempted to make a traffic stop on a red Honda sedan near the corner of University Drive and Jordan Lane.
The car took off heading west on University.
Speeds reached up to 80 miles per hour during the pursuit, according to Huntsville Police.
Officers were able to stop the car in front of the Audi dealership, near the corner of Slaughter Road and University.
Upon searching the vehicle, investigators found an AR-15. However, they said officers were never threatened with the weapon during the chase.
Investigators are also looking into the possibility that the car may be stolen. On Sunday, a car of the same make and model was reported stolen.
Both the driver and passenger were arrested.
- Two arrested after chase in a possibly stolen car
- Chase with stolen vehicle ends in wreck
- Three teenagers arrested after found fleeing from a stolen car
- 2 women arrested after DeKalb County car chase, meth bust
- Sheriff’s office: Decatur man arrested after chase in stolen truck
- Toyota, Subaru recall cars for possible stalling
- Police find possible stolen property at Busters Pawn
- Driver tased, arrested following early morning chase
- Two arrested after police chase in Decatur
- Arrests made after Monday morning Huntsville chase