ST. JOSEPH, Tenn. - Police are investigating after a young boy accidentally shot his twin sister in Lawrence County, Tennessee. According to Sheriff John Myers, the twins were in a truck outside a Dollar General on Highway 43 in St. Joseph when the 10-year-old boy accidentally shot his sister in the head.
Sheriff Myers said the accidental shooting happened around 3 o'clock Sunday afternoon. The sheriff said the gun was in the truck and the boy found it.
Medics flew the girl by air ambulance to Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville. She reportedly had a heartbeat, but her condition is unknown.
Police are investigating whether another adult was in the car. No charges have been filed.
- Twin accidentally shoots 10-year-old sister
- Police: Tennessee man accidentally shoots himself, wife at church
- Child dies in accidental shooting at Moulton home
- Police won't file charges in child's accidental shooting death
- Man accidentally shoots himself in Zaxby's parking lot
- Mom accidentally shoots and kills 2-year-old daughter
- UPDATE: Huntsville police say Memorial Day shooting was accidental
- 17-year-old boy dead after accidental shooting at Huntsville apartment
- Man charged with child abuse of 10-year-old girl
- FBI agent loses his gun during dance-floor backflip, accidentally shoots bar patron