Photo Gallery 1 Images
Justin Whitman now has felony warrants out for his arrest after he escaped from the Tuscumbia City Jail on Tuesday.
Another inmate, Brandon Hale, escaped with Whitman but was arrested Tuesday night. Police believe the two split up after they broke out.
Tuscumbia police said they have sent out a be on the look out alert to every police department across the United States with a description of Whitman. They don't believe he is armed and dangerous, but say in cases like this you never know what someone's mind set is.
Officials said they are tracking down every lead they get on Whitman. Tuscumbia police said they know Florence Police chased a suspect into Tennessee last night and are working to see if it was Whitman. Officials can't give certain details of the case and exactly what they are doing because they don't want to tip Whitman off.
Police tell us they believe Whitman and Hale took a hammer from a tool box and used it to make a hole in the roof to escape. Parts of the Tuscumbia Police Department are under construction and that's why the hammer was in the area.
If you see Whitman call the Tuscumbia Police Department at 256-383-3121.
- Tuscumbia escaped inmate recaptured
- Tuscumbia police still searching for escaped inmate
- Police Search for Escaped Inmate
- Search for escaped inmate
- Escaped Lauderdale County inmate located in Tuscumbia
- Authorities searching for escaped inmate
- Sheffield police searching for escaped inmate
- Sheffield police continue searching for escaped inmate
- Inmates use hammer to escape from Tuscumbia City Jail
- Escaped inmate recaptured