Tuscumbia police say a suspect involved in a fatal shooting Friday night, Gregory Childress, turned himself into the police department around 2:45 p.m. Monday.
Police say Childress is charged with murder and was taken to the Colbert County Jail on a $200,000 bond.
Investigators said Childress was at the Keller Court Apartments when they said he shot his ex-wife's new fiance. Police identified the victim as 29-year-old Kendrick Graham. He was transported to Helen Keller Hospital where he was pronounced dead, according to the Colbert County Coroner.
Police said neither Graham nor Childress lived at the apartment where the shooting happened. Investigators have not released what led up to the shooting.
Tuscumbia police said Shoals Area Law Enforcement agencies and specifically, the US Marshals Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force, contributed critical information in the case. The police department said more updates will be given Tuesday, and they are confident Childress is the only suspect in the case.
- Tuscumbia police arrest suspect wanted after deadly Friday night shooting
- Tuscumbia police arrest suspect in deadly shooting
- Tuscumbia police identify victim in deadly shooting
- Albertville police arrest suspect in deadly shooting
- Standoff with Tuscumbia Police turns deadly
- Tuscumbia police charge suspect in business thefts
- Suspect arrested in Elkmont deadly shooting
- Police: 2 dead in Tuscumbia triple shooting
- Domestic violence suspect wanted in Tuscumbia now in custody
- Decatur police investigating deadly shooting