Tuscumbia police are searching for a suspect they said was involved in a fatal shooting Friday night.
Investigators said Gregory Martez Childress, 28, was at the Keller Court Apartments when they said he shot his ex-wife's new fiance. Police identified the victim as 29-year-old Kendrick Graham.
Police said the shooting happened around 10 o'clock Friday night.
One woman, Kayla James, said she had family that lives in the complex and wanted to check on them after hearing about the shooting.
"A lot of people called me and said there was a shooting in Keller Court and my dad lives here, so I was pretty concerned," James said.
Police said neither Graham nor the the suspect, Childress, lived at the apartment where it happened. Investigators have not released what led up to the shooting.
Graham was transported to Helen Keller Hospital where he was pronounced dead, according to the Colbert County Coroner.
Police said Childress should be considered armed and dangerous. They ask that anyone with information to call police.
- Tuscumbia police search for "dangerous" suspect connected to a fatal shooting
- Tuscumbia police arrest suspect in deadly shooting
- Names released in fatal Tuscumbia triple shooting
- Tuscumbia police still searching for escaped inmate
- Tuscumbia police arrest suspect wanted after deadly Friday night shooting
- Suspect identified in deadly shooting involving Tuscumbia police officers
- Tuscumbia police charge suspect in business thefts
- Police: 2 dead in Tuscumbia triple shooting
- Tuscumbia police identify victim in deadly shooting
- Tuscumbia police searching for inmate who escaped on a bicycle