A substitute teacher for Tuscaloosa City Schools was arrested Wednesday on a charge of engaging in a sex act with a student under the age of 19.
Meta Lovely, 54, of Duncanville, turned herself in to Tuscaloosa police Wednesday morning.
Police said the relationship was reported May 2.
Lovely was jailed in the Tuscaloosa County Jail on $30,000 bond.
- Tuscaloosa teacher accused of having sexual contact with student
- Former Madison Co. teacher accused of having sexual contact with student, sending nude photos
- Tuscaloosa man charged with killing daughter
- Madison Academy loses battle to Central-Tuscaloosa
- Boaz Middle School teacher arrested for having sexual contact with a student
- Tuscaloosa man dies in motorcycle crash in Tuscumbia
- Mostly black fraternity says Tuscaloosa business violated civil rights
- Tuscaloosa police: Fake Uber driver had pictures of unconscious women
- Substitute teacher turns herself into police, accused of having sexual encounter with a student
- Alabama math teacher accused of raping 15-year-old student