Tuscaloosa authorities have charged a man with capital murder in the death of his 20-month-old daughter.
Samuel Darrell Cabbil was arrested Monday, according to Tuscaloosa County jail records.
Cabbil's daughter, Kandice Cabbil, was taken to DCH Regional Medical Center Sunday night after she was reportedly found unresponsive by her father, Birmingham ABC affiliate WBMA reported.
Homicide investigators said Cabbil admitted being responsible for his daughter's death.
He was being held in the Tuscaloosa County Jail on a traffic charge Monday afternoon, while investigators said they waited to get the capital murder warrant signed.
- Tuscaloosa man charged with killing daughter
- Tuscaloosa police officer shot and killed while responding to call
- Madison Academy loses battle to Central-Tuscaloosa
- Tuscaloosa man dies in motorcycle crash in Tuscumbia
- Man faces capital murder in Tuscaloosa officer's death
- Tuscaloosa teacher accused of having sexual contact with student
- Mostly black fraternity says Tuscaloosa business violated civil rights
- Tuscaloosa police: Fake Uber driver had pictures of unconscious women
- Local law enforcement reacts to Tuscaloosa fallen officer
- Madison County law enforcement agencies honor fallen Tuscaloosa officer