Tuscaloosa authorities have charged a man with capital murder in the death of his 20-month-old daughter.
Samuel Darrell Cabbil was arrested Monday, according to Tuscaloosa County jail records.
Cabbil's daughter, Kandice Cabbil, was taken to DCH Regional Medical Center Sunday night after she was reportedly found unresponsive by her father, Birmingham ABC affiliate WBMA reported.
Homicide investigators said Cabbil admitted being responsible for his daughter's death.
He was being held in the Tuscaloosa County Jail on a traffic charge Monday afternoon, while investigators said they waited to get the capital murder warrant signed.
- Tuscaloosa man charged with killing daughter
- Madison Academy loses battle to Central-Tuscaloosa
- Tuscaloosa man dies in motorcycle crash in Tuscumbia
- Tuscaloosa teacher accused of having sexual contact with student
- Mostly black fraternity says Tuscaloosa business violated civil rights
- Tuscaloosa police: Fake Uber driver had pictures of unconscious women
- Man charged with throwing weight through window, killing 2-year-old daughter
- Father kills man who attempted to enter daughter's bathroom stall
- Family grieves daughter killed by drunk driver
- Alabama, Auburn have moment of silence before basketball game in Tuscaloosa