WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump is hailing the University of Alabama football team's "win for the ages" in their latest championship season.
Trump is hosting Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban and the players at the White House to honor their fifth national title in nine years.
The president attended the championship game in Atlanta, in which Alabama staged a second-half comeback to defeat Georgia, 26-23.
Trump watched the Jan. 8 game from a private box overlooking the Alabama sideline, flanked by ROTC students. The president departed the stadium during halftime as Georgia led Alabama 13-0.
Trump says Alabama's triumph is "one of the greatest victories ever."
Attorney General Jeff Sessions, a former Alabama senator, was among those on the South Lawn for team's visit.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump hails championship Alabama football team
- Alabama football team to visit White House
- Alabama rolls into Championship Game
- Alabama county still paying for spring hail storm
- Trump takes field at college football championship game
- College Football Playoff National Championship preparations underway
- President Trump to join Alabama radio broadcast during championship game
- All Access Alabama: Rollin' to the Championship
- Photos: Hail reported in Madison County
- Wild day for SEC football day before championship game