WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump says he will do an "alternative" event since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has blocked him from giving his State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress while the government remains partially shut down.
Trump at the White House Wednesday said the cancellation was a "disgrace." He did not detail his next move, saying: "We will be announcing what we're doing."
The California Democrat told Trump in a letter Wednesday the Democratic-controlled House won't pass the required measure for him to give the nationally televised speech from the House floor on Tuesday.
Trump said he was planning a "really important speech" and called Pelosi's move a "great blotch on the country that we all love." He argued Pelosi was blocking him because she doesn't want to hear "the truth" about border security.
- Trump doing 'alternative' event to House speech
- Navigating Cecil Ashburn alternate routes
- Easy alternative to print immunization records
- Cecil Ashburn Drive Shutdown: Alternate Routes
- Sen. Doug Jones' Maiden Speech
- Elkmont students hold alternative to national school violence walkout
- Guntersville business offers fast food alternative with doughnuts, tacos
- Roadway blocked on Cecil Ashburn alternate route after deadly wreck
- Huntsville creating proposal for alternative school's new location
- Nielsen says 35 million people watched Trump speech