WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump says his wife is "doing great" nearly two weeks after kidney treatment.
Trump answered a reporter's question about the first lady as he departed the White House on Friday for a trip to the U.S. Naval Academy graduation in Annapolis, Maryland.
Asked about her health, Trump said "she's doing great." He then pointed to the second floor of the White House and said she was watching.
The White House announced May 14 that Melania Trump underwent a procedure that morning to treat an unspecified kidney condition. She spent five nights at a nearby military hospital before returning to the White House last Saturday.
A spokeswoman says the first lady met with staff several times this week. The first lady hasn't been seen in public since early May.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
5/25/2018 5:02:06 PM (GMT -5:00)
- Trump: Melania 'doing great' after recent kidney treatment
- Melania Trump undergoes kidney surgery at Walter Reed medical center
- Melania Trump masters the moment
- Melania Trump calls for immigration reform
- FDA approves preventive migraine treatment
- Melania Trump says US should govern 'with heart'
- Melania Trump: 'I'm the most bullied person on the world'
- Melania Trump publicly calls for White House aide's firing
- Melania plans first state dinner for Macrons
- Make 'Merry Christmas' Great Again