WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House says President Donald Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe plan to meet in advance of the "expected meeting" between Trump and North Korea's leader. The White House said Trump and Abe spoke Monday. They discussed their shared goal of achieving "the complete and permanent dismantlement of North Korea's nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and ballistic missile programs." The call came amid a whirlwind of activity over the possible June 12 summit in Singapore.
- Trump & Abe plan to meet before North Korea Summit
- Trump announces North Korea summit will be in Singapore
- President Trump to hold 2nd summit with North Korea's Kim Jong Un
- Trump says summit with North Korea's Kim Jong Un will be in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Korea summit after all? Trump says 'everybody plays games'
- Trump announces new North Korea sanctions
- Trump cancels North Korean summit, citing 'tremendous anger'
- President Donald Trump arrives in Vietnam for North Korean summit
- President Trump, Putin summit scheduled
- South Korea hails news of revived US-NK summit