UPDATE (4:47 p.m.):
The Lauderdale County Coroner has identified the fatal victims in the boat crash as Lauren Elizabeth Cowart, 37, and Blakely Elizabeth Cowart, 5. Both women are from from Augusta, Georgia.
The Alabama Marine Patrol confirmed that the Cowarts were mother and daughter.
The coroner said their bodies were taken to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences in Huntsville for autopsy.
Marine Patrol Sgt. Chad Pate said in a statment that Ross Wooten III, of Muscle Shoals, 33, had serious injuries. He said "all other persons involved were uninjured."
The boat collision remains under investigation.
Two people died and another was critically injured following a late night boating accident on Wilson Lake in Florence.
Alabama Law Enforcement Agency’s Marine Patrol Troopers said around 10:40 p.m. Saturday night, a large cabin cruiser collided with a smaller bass boat.
According to Lauderdale County Coroner Butch Tucker, both of the people who died as well as the person who was injured were on the bass boat.
The injured man, a Florence resident, was taken to Huntsville Hospital in critical condition. Tucker said he is expected to survive.
Tucker added the that names of the deceased have not been released yet pending notification of family.
- Troopers investigating fatal boating crash on Wilson Lake
- Troopers investigating Marshall County school bus crash
- Boating Crash Arrest
- AL state trooper killed in fatal crash in Lauderdale Co.
- Decatur boat operator arrested in connection to Smith Lake boat crash
- Search teams find body of missing man in Wilson Lake
- Troopers warn of boat safety ahead of holiday weekend
- Single vehicle wreck investigated by state troopers
- Boating deaths are soaring on Alabama’s lakes and rivers