UPDATE: Troopers say the pedestrian, 28-year-old Christian Kole Richards from Dawson, was killed while changing a flat tire. They say the crash happened at 2:35 p.m. at the 202 mile marker, three miles south of Collinsville.
According to troopers, Richards was hit and killed by a 2019 GMC box truck, and he died at the scene. They say the driver of the GMC was not injured.
Alabama State Troopers are investigating after a person was hit by an 18-wheeler on Interstate 59 South near mile marker 203 around 3 p.m. Friday, according to the DeKalb County Sheriff's Office.
Troopers confirm the person died from their injuries.
- Pedestrian hit, killed in DeKalb County while changing tire
- Pedestrian hit and killed in Marshall County
- Pedestrian killed in Limestone County
- DeKalb County teen killed in ATV wreck
- Pedestrian killed crossing Decatur street
- Pedestrian hit and killed on Chapman Mountain identified
- Pedestrian killed in hit-and-run on Memorial Parkway
- UPDATE: Huntsville police identify pedestrian hit and killed
- Pedestrian hit and killed when trying to cross Patton road
- Pedestrian hit and killed by train in Athens