A Colbert County man has admitted he was driving the vehicle that hit and killed a man in Leighton.
Alabama State Troopers say David Lee Borden of Cherokee contacted them late Saturday night.
Troopers tell WAAY 31 Borden told them he was driving on Highway 157 Saturday evening when he hit 75-year-old Jimmy Oneal Waldrep near Duncan Lane.
Borden says he didn’t see Waldrep because he was wearing dark clothing.
Borden claims he turned around and went back but panicked when he saw people gathering around Waldrep.
The case will go before a Colbert County grand jury.
- Troopers: Hit-and-run driver admits he killed Leighton man
- Leighton woman killed in weekend wreck
- Leighton woman dies in early Sunday crash
- Leighton woman charged with passing forged checks
- Utah trooper hit by vehicle
- Troopers, deputies chase driver in Madison County
- Toney man killed in Decatur hit-and-run
- Leighton Native, Ozzie Newsome, to step down as Ravens GM
- 2 Leighton schools closing early due to water loss
- Leighton family saves mom, baby from sinking car