A few showers and thunderstorms will form Saturday afternoon, but dangerous heat may be the bigger issue for us all across the Tennessee Valley. Heat indices on Saturday will be in the triple digits.
Heavy showers and a few thunderstorms developed across the Tennessee Valley Friday afternoon. These can linger through the evening. Keep your rain gear close, but realize that the majority of the Valley will likely stay dry. Those of us who around found by these showers sneaking around can see heavy rain and some lightning. The chance for showers will stay with us until 7 PM, then it drops off to a very small chance for a stray shower for the rest of the night.
Saturday's heat has potential to be dangerous. Our morning will be very muggy and warm with temperatures in the mid-70s. The day will warm, but the heavy mugginess will not go away. High temperatures will likely be in the mid-90s. With that high humidity, heat indices can be as hot as 105-110 degrees. If your plans involve outdoors, be sure you are staying hydrated. Drink plenty of water. Also make sure you are eating well. Take frequent cool breaks in the air conditioning.
Showers can briefly cool us into the upper 70s and lower 80s if we're lucky enough to be found by a shower. The showers can bring heavy rain and some lightning and thunder, but they will be spotty in nature. Most of the Tennessee Valley will stay dry, but we all become fair game for spotty showers beginning around noon and ending by around 6 PM.
Showers and thunderstorms will grow more numerous on Sunday and even more widespread on Monday and Tuesday before another dry spell sets up on Wednesday and Thursday of next week.
- Triple Digit Heat Index & Spotty Showers For Saturday
- Summer Heat & Spotty Showers For Saturday
- Feeling like triple digits with a handful of showers
- Triple digit heat to start the work week
- Warming Weekend With Spotty Showers
- Heat Index Climbing Toward 100 Again
- Heat Index Goes Over 100 For Thursday
- Becoming Warmer Wednesday With Spotty PM Showers
- Heat Index Near 105, Then More Storms For Thursday
- Heavy rain & strong storms Saturday, spotty snow possible Saturday night