Some folks in Morgan County had a shaky start to their Saturday. For many, their wake-up call was an earthquake.
The quake happened in the Trinity area just after 4 a.m.
It measured a magnitude of 2.2, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The USGS says this is Alabama’s eleventh earthquake this year.
- Trinity epicenter of Alabama's 11th quake this year
- Huntsville epicenter for international hackathon
- Huntsville likely epicenter for Army Futures Command announcement
- Homeowner kills intruder in Trinity
- Strong quakes prompt Hawaii woman to evacuate
- Man killed in Trinity home invasion identified
- 11th Circuit revives Birmingham minimum wage lawsuit
- No tsunami threat after Hawaii quake on volcano
- Big quake hits northern Japan, leaving 9 dead, 30 missing
- Haiti quake kills at least 11, injures others