Several trees are down in Jackson County after last night’s storm, including a tree that went through a house.
“We had just headed upstairs for the night to turn in, and not fifteen minutes later, we heard the tree coming down," one Jackson County woman said.
The woman, who didn’t want to be identified, says the tree crashed through her daughter’s bedroom and missed the 16-year-old by just inches.
“Our youngest was in her room, which is where the tree had landed through and, at that moment, we had to actually kick the door down to get her out," she said.
She says it was something she never imagined her child would have to go through.
“Utter shock. She was terrified of it. I mean, she’s a kid," the woman said.
And the teen wasn’t the only one shocked by the severity of Tuesday night’s storm.
“I didn’t even know it," said Vear Sisco.
Sisco was at home during the storm, but had no clue a tree had fallen in her front yard.
“I’m just blessed it didn’t hit my house," she said.
But for those whose home was hit, they’re already picking up the pieces.
“We’ve had several people offer to come help, us. Now it’s just a matter of putting things together, you know, taking time off from work to get this process done.”
And even with the significant damage to their home, the family is choosing to be optimistic.
“My family is safe. Items can be replaced. Your family can’t.”
- Tree falls through home in Jackson Co., barely misses teen
- UAH beats Montevallo, barely misses GSC Tourney
- Bare buns: Half-naked woman falls through Cook Out ceiling
- Jackson County sheriff: Missing pregnant teen mom, child found safe
- Teen tied up and beaten in Jackson County home invasion
- Temperatures barely break 40 this afternoon
- Home damaged in Sheffield after trees fall on roof
- Tree falls on Huntsville home during strong winds
- Huntsville women survive tree falling onto their home
- Child dies after tree falls on mobile home in Florida