The treasurer for a Limestone County volunteer fire department is facing allegations that she stole the money she was supposed to be taking care of.
Angela Robinson Sides, 43, of Madison, was charged with first-degree theft Thursday.
Sides was treasurer of the South Limestone Volunteer Fire Department, according to the Limestone County Sheriff's Office. Investigators said they were notified Tuesday that money was missing, and they determined Sides had taken tens of thousands of dollars over a period of time to pay her personal bills.
Sides was released from the Limestone County Jail on a $5,000 bond.
Authorities said she could face more charges.
- Treasurer charged with stealing from volunteer fire department
- Rogersville Volunteer Fire Department tackles massive fire
- Littleville Volunteer Fire Department chief resigns
- Rogersville Volunteer Fire Department honors 9/11 firefighters
- Rumor Extinguished: Littleville Volunteer Fire Department to remain operational
- Toney Volunteer Fire Department celebrates 50 years of service
- Underwood-Petersville Volunteer Fire Department to hold recruiting meetings
- Guntersville woman charged with stealing truck
- Woman charged with stealing from Decatur hospice
- Boaz man charged with stealing guns, medication