No you aren't hallucinating, but some nights at the new baseball stadium in Madison, you could be looking at the Huntsville Stars.
BallCorps LLC owner, Ralph Nelson, confirmed on Thursday the group has purchased the naming and marketing rights of the former north Alabama baseball team, the Huntsville Stars.
"Being a baseball guy my entire career, which includes understanding how important tradition is, and how much the Huntsville stars meant to this market, I immediately said yes," Nelson said.
While the Rocket City Trash Pandas will be the new team in the area throwing strikes and hitting home runs, Nelson hinted when the team officially moves, they could host some throwback nights. Those nights could include trading in the Trash Pandas uniforms for the old Huntsville Stars jersey.
BallCorps is discussing the possibility of selling Stars merchandise as a nod to the baseball history of north Alabama.
- Trash Pandas owner purchases naming rights of Huntsville Stars
- Trash Panda Apparel Available!
- Rocket City Trash Pandas: Name of baseball team announced
- 'Trash Pandas' remove lid on team's logos
- Secure your Trash Pandas season tickets Saturday
- Trash Pandas to announce upcoming concert series
- Rocket City Trash Pandas announce partnership with Pepsi
- Date announced for Rocket City Trash Pandas' uniform reveal
- Rocket City Trash Pandas add Braves exec, Huntsville leader to team management
- More trash trouble in Huntsville