COLLEGE PARK, Ga. (AP) - Three women in a car struck by a train outside Atlanta have died, and a fourth remains hospitalized.
South Fulton police Lt. Derrick Rogers tells news outlets that the Monday afternoon crash involved a CSX train on Buffington road at the intersection with Roosevelt Highway.
Two women were pronounced dead at the scene, while the third died at a hospital. The condition of the fourth women has not been released.
CSX issued a statement thanking local emergency personnel for a swift response. The company didn't indicate there were injuries to anyone on board the train.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation.
The women's identities have not been released.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Train hits car in Atlanta, killing 3 women
- Car hits train, shutting down crossings
- Huntsville police: Car hit by train on Pratt Avenue
- Pedestrian hit and killed by train in Athens
- Pedestrian hit, killed by train near HWY 35 in Woodville
- Georgia Dome imploded in downtown Atlanta
- Lil Wayne's Atlanta concert ends in mayhem
- Decatur woman killed by car
- Self-driving car hit in collision
- Florence women killed in Virginia crash