Traffic has slowed on Hwy. 72 near Bluewater Creek Bridge in Lauderdale County because an 30 foot box truck ran into the ravine.
According to state troopers, the accident occurred around 2:28 p.m. and it appeared the driver fell asleep while driving and there were no injuries.
West bound traffic on Hwy. 72 heading towards Florence in using only one lane.
Crews told WAAY 31, the box truck was cleared around 7:00 p.m.
- Traffic slowed on Highway 72 after an accident involving a 30 ft box truck ran off the road
- Highway 72 wreck slows down morning traffic
- Truck rolls over on Highway 72
- Madison police: Wreck on Highway 72 causing traffic delays
- Semi-trailer truck catches fire at Highway 72, Shields Road in Huntsville
- Traffic signal to be installed at intersection of Burgreen Road and Highway 72
- Madison Co. road will soon extend to Highway 72 East
- 18-wheeler crashes off road along Highway 72 East
- Ft. Payne man killed on I-59 standing next to truck
- Madison police: Wreck at Highway 72 at Wall Triana Highway caused traffic delays