The Alabama Department of Transportation is working to secure federal safety funds to pay for a traffic signal to be installed at the intersection of Burgreen Road and Highway 72 in Limestone County.
This initiative is the result of a study where the department spent a day counting vehicles travelling through the intersection to determine if a traffic signal should be installed.
The decision to install a light was based on traffic volume not the crash history of the intersection. The department does not currently know when the light will be installed or how much it will cost.
A representative with the department said they do believe that a traffic signal will help with traffic in the area and that they are also looking at additional safety improvements.
- Traffic signal to be installed at intersection of Burgreen Road and Highway 72
- Traffic Study on Burgreen Road Postponed Until August
- Highway 72 wreck slows down morning traffic
- Madison Co. road will soon extend to Highway 72 East
- 18-wheeler flips on Highway 72, driver hospitalized
- Truck rolls over on Highway 72
- Florence plans to repave Mall Road and install traffic light
- Traffic slowed on Highway 72 after an accident involving a 30 ft box truck ran off the road
- New Traffic Cameras installed in Guntersville
- One dead in wreck on Highway 72 in Huntsville