Photo Gallery 1 Images
The Huntsville Police Department has identified the man who was killed Wednesday morning in a wreck on Memorial Parkway at Hobbs Island Road.
Kendall Chase Pannell, 26, of Arab was driving a 1999 Chevrolet GMT-400 truck northbound on Memorial Parkway at Hobbs Island Road about 7:20 a.m. Wednesday, said Lt. Michael Johnson, Huntsville police spokesman.
Johnson said a 2012 Kenwood dump truck registered to Reed Contracting was southbound on the Parkway to turn left onto Hobbs Island Road. Johnson said the dump truck turned in front of Pannell, causing a collision in the intersection.
Johnson said evidence currently shows the dump truck driver, whose name has not been released, turned left without yielding the right of way to oncoming traffic and is at fault for the crash.
Pannell was pronounced dead at the scene due to injuries sustained in the crash.
A blood sample was taken from the dump truck drive voluntarily and will be sent for toxicology testing, Johnson said.
Johnson said the crash is still under investigation and subject to be revised or amended once more evidence is gathered and toxicology results return.
Alabama State Trooper Motor Carrier Inspectors responded and performed a post-crash inspection of the dump truck, said Johnson.
- Huntsville police: Arab man killed in Memorial Parkway, Hobbs Island Road crash
- Wreck blocks portion of Memorial Parkway at Hobbs Road
- Hobbs Island Road in Huntsville closed because of flooding
- Hobbs Island Road at Russell Drive closed after wreck
- Update: 1 hurt in Hobbs Island Road wreck
- Investigation underway after car crashes into Hobbs Island business
- Motorcyclist taken to hospital after wreck at Hobbs Island Road in Huntsville
- Huntsville police identify pedestrian killed crossing Memorial Parkway Friday night
- Southbound Memorial Parkway closed at Redstone Road
- Crash shuts down access road to Memorial Parkway at Mastin Lake Road in Huntsville