12:43 p.m. UPDATE: The roadway is back open.
11:08 a.m. UPDATE: Southbound lanes of Whitesburg Drive are back open. Northbound lanes remain closed.
According to Huntsville police, a man working construction at a home was standing behind some equipment on the right side of the road unloading equipment when he was hit by a vehicle.
He was taken to Huntsville Hospital in serious condition.
The driver of the vehicle that hit him is reported to have a broken ankle.
Minutes after this happened, a semi driving through the area near Thornton Road hit a power line, which pulled down other lines and cause the power pole to slant.
Lanes of Whitesburg Drive near that incident are expected to be blocked into the afternoon while crews work to repair the power pole and lines.
A vehicle accident is causing major traffic delays on Whitesburg Drive.
Some lanes on Whitesburg between Bob Wallace and Drake avenues are closed.
Traffic on California Street also is being impacted.
Avoid the area if possible.
Use caution if you cannot.
- UPDATE: Whitesburg Drive reopens after Friday afternoon accident
- Traffic alert: Accident causes delays at California, Whitesburg
- Huntsville police close portions of Whitesburg Drive following wreck
- House fire on Whitesburg Drive forces lane closure
- Traffic alert: Downed power pole closes portion of Whitesburg Drive
- Pedestrian hit by vehicle on Whitesburg Drive in Huntsville
- Huntsville police identify pedestrian killed in Whitesburg Drive wreck
- Update: All lanes of Whitesburg Bridge now open following wreck
- UPDATE: I-65 Bridge Reopened
- Governors Drive reopens after rockslide