Photo Gallery 2 Images
UPDATE: The Huntsville Police Department reports that Governors Drive is back open.
UPDATE: The Alabama Department of Transportation says crews are now working to clear the road with a street cleaner and make sure the road is free of any debris.
UPDATE: Both westbound lanes of Governors Drive near Monte Sano Boulevard are closed as crews work to clean up a rockslide.
The eastbound lanes are being adjusted to allow the westbound traffic to use one lane to get around the work.
Traffic on Governors Drive near Monte Sano Boulevard is becoming congested after rocks fell into the roadway.
At least one westbound lane of Governors is closed, and Huntsville police say it likely will be closed for awhile.
No injuries have been reported.
Equipment is coming in to push the rocks off Governors, according to the Alabama Department of Transportation.
The rocks are expected to be there at least until 9:30 a.m.
The department requests that drivers use caution in the area.
If possible, avoid the area.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and WAAYTV.com online for updates.
- Governors Drive reopens after rockslide
- Huntsville crews clean up boulders days after Governors Drive rockslide
- Crews say rockslide on Governors Drive in Huntsville may have been caused by the drought
- Governors Drive reopens after concrete spill cleanup
- Huntsville police: Governors Drive reopens after crash
- Huntsville police: Eastbound lanes of Governors Drive reopened after wreck
- Car overturned on Governors Drive
- Car catches fire on Governors Drive
- Emergency lane closure on Governors Drive
- Traffic alert: Delays on Governors Drive