1:48 p.m. Monday update: The gas main repair is complete.
Both southbound lanes and one northbound lane have reopened.
The original lane closure for water line repair is in effect.
1:20 p.m. Monday update: Huntsville Utilities has closed Pulaski Pike between Country Club Avenue and Boundary Avenue to repair a damaged gas main.
The approximate time of the closure is currently unknown.
Huntsville Utilities Water Operations has closed the inside, northbound lane of Pulaski Pike (including the turning lane) between Carmichael Avenue and Boundary Avenue for service line repair work.
The work is scheduled to last until about 4:30 p.m., said Todd Long, utilities spokesperson
Motorists are asked to avoid this area if possible.
Motorists traveling through this area are asked to do so with extreme caution as workers will be present.
If possible, travelers are advised to plan an alternate route to minimize any inconvenience.
If alternate routes are not available, be prepared for shifting traffic patterns and possible delays.
- Traffic alert: Portion of Pulaski Pike closed for repair work
- Traffic alert: Part of Pulaski Pike closed for gas line repairs
- Traffic alert: Pulaski Pike, Oakwood Avenue back open after accident
- Traffic Alert: Huntsville police say wreck blocking traffic on Country Club Avenue, Pulaski Pike
- One dead, one hospitalized in wreck on Pulaski Pike
- Huntsville police: Pulaski Pike and Mastin Lake Road back open after traffic accident
- Update: Traffic flowing after wreck at Mastin Lake Road, Pulaski Pike caused delays
- Wreck shuts down eastbound, northbound traffic at Mastin Lake Road and Pulaski Pike in Huntsville
- Traffic Alert: Portion of Madison Street closed for repairs after hit-and-run destroyed guardrail
- Traffic Alert: Portion of Gallatin Street to close Wednesday night