1:48 p.m. Monday update: The gas main repair is complete.
Both southbound lanes and one northbound lane have reopened.
The original lane closure for water line repair is in effect.
1:20 p.m. Monday update: Huntsville Utilities has closed Pulaski Pike between Country Club Avenue and Boundary Avenue to repair a damaged gas main.
The approximate time of the closure is currently unknown.
Huntsville Utilities Water Operations has closed the inside, northbound lane of Pulaski Pike (including the turning lane) between Carmichael Avenue and Boundary Avenue for service line repair work.
The work is scheduled to last until about 4:30 p.m., said Todd Long, utilities spokesperson
Motorists are asked to avoid this area if possible.
Motorists traveling through this area are asked to do so with extreme caution as workers will be present.
If possible, travelers are advised to plan an alternate route to minimize any inconvenience.
If alternate routes are not available, be prepared for shifting traffic patterns and possible delays.
- Traffic alert: Portion of Pulaski Pike closed for repair work
- Traffic alert: Part of Pulaski Pike closed for gas line repairs
- Traffic alert: Pulaski Pike, Oakwood Avenue back open after accident
- One dead, one hospitalized in wreck on Pulaski Pike
- Huntsville police: Pulaski Pike and Mastin Lake Road back open after traffic accident
- Traffic Alert: Portion of Gallatin Street to close Wednesday night
- Traffic alert: Wreck closes portion of South Green Mountain Road
- Traffic alert: Downed power pole closes portion of Whitesburg Drive
- Traffic alert: Portion of Brownsboro Road closed for wreck
- Traffic alert: Accident closes portion of Sparkman Drive