From Huntsville Utilities:
Service has been restored to the majority of customers in the previously reported area. Anyone still experiencing a service-related issue should call 256-53-LIGHT.
The outage was caused when a semi hooked non-electric cables at Cook Avenue and the northbound service road of Memorial Parkway. Those lines became entangled with electric lines which then caused the breaker at the substation to open. Crews have cleared the lines and closed the breaker.
Huntsville police say Memorial Parkway is now open.
Power outages are still being reported by Huntsville Utilities.
Huntsville Police Department has closed northbound and southbound lanes of Memorial Parkway and the access road north of University Drive due to downed power lines.
Huntsville police report traffic lights are out at Church/Pratt, University/Memorial, and Memorial/Oakwood.
Huntsville Utilities reports there is a power outage in North Huntsville from Oakwood Ave south to I-565 and from Pulaski Pike east to Washington Street.
Service will be restored as quickly as safely possible, according to spokesman Gary T. Whitley Jr.
- Update: Memorial Parkway reopens, power restored
- Lanes reopen on Memorial Parkway following three-vehicle wreck
- Traffic alert: University Drive at Memorial Parkway reopened after wreck
- Most power back on after traffic trouble on Memorial Parkway
- UPDATE: Power restored in north Huntsville
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities restores power to Meridianville
- Update: Power restored in North Huntsville
- Car overturns on Memorial Parkway, catches fire
- 3 displaced after Memorial Parkway fire
- Truck overturns on south Memorial Parkway