Huntsville Utilities Gas Operations has closed the eastbound lane of Clinton Avenue between Spragins Street and Jefferson Street for gas main replacement.
The work is expected to last until 3 p.m., said Todd Long, utilities spokesman.
Motorists are asked to avoid this area if possible.
Motorists traveling through this area are asked to do so with extreme caution as workers will be present.
If possible, travelers are advised to plan an alternate route to minimize any inconvenience.
If alternate routes are not available, be prepared for shifting traffic patterns and possible delays.
- Traffic alert: Part of Clinton Avenue closed for gas main replacement
- Traffic alert: Huntsville Utilities closing part of Clinton Avenue
- Traffic alert: Huntsville Utilities closes Clinton Avenue lane
- Traffic alert: Part of Clinton Avenue closed for about 48 hours
- Traffic alert: One lane of Bob Wallace Avenue closed for gas line work
- Traffic Alert: Huntsville Utilities closing lanes, roads for gas main upgrades
- Huntsville Utilities closing portion of Clinton Avenue
- Traffic alert: Part of Pulaski Pike closed for gas line repairs
- Huntsville Utilities closes portion of Clinton Avenue for water main repair
- Traffic alert: Wreck completely blocks portion of Oakwood Avenue