At 8 a.m. Monday, Huntsville Utilities closed the eastbound lane of Clinton Avenue between Greene Street and Washington Street as well as a half block of northbound Greene Street (starting at Clinton).
This is in relation to fiber construction, said Todd Long, Huntsville Utilities spokesman.
Long said the work is scheduled to last no longer than 48 hours.
Motorists are asked to avoid this area if possible.
Motorists traveling through this area are asked to do so with extreme caution as workers will be present.
If possible, travelers are advised to plan an alternate route to minimize any inconvenience.
If alternate routes are not available, be prepared for shifting traffic patterns and possible delays.
- Traffic alert: Part of Clinton Avenue closed for about 48 hours
- Traffic alert: Huntsville Utilities closing part of Clinton Avenue
- Traffic alert: Huntsville Utilities closes Clinton Avenue lane
- Traffic alert: Part of Clinton Avenue closed for gas main replacement
- Huntsville Utilities closing portion of Clinton Avenue
- Traffic alert: Wreck completely blocks portion of Oakwood Avenue
- Traffic alert: Pulaski Pike, Oakwood Avenue back open after accident
- Traffic alert: One lane of Bob Wallace Avenue closed for gas line work
- Traffic alert: Memorial Parkway, Cook Avenue area roadways closed due to flooding
- Traffic Alert: Redstone Arsenal closes northbound traffic on Patton Road