9:30 a.m. update: No injuries have been reported. Northbound and southbound lanes will be blocked as the vehicle is removed.
An overturned tractor-trailer is blocking the outside lane of U.S. 31 southbound near Swan Creek in Limestone County between Athens and Decatur.
Seth Burkett, Alabama Department of Transportation spokesman, said the wreck currently is not creating major traffic delays. There will be some period during which both southbound lanes are closed for the wrecker to remove the tractor-trailer, so motorists may encounter traffic stoppages and prefer to use alternate routes such as Interstate 65, if possible, he said.
Burkett said it is anticipated that all lanes will be open by noon.
- Update: Overturned tractor-trailer blocking Limestone County roadway
- Tractor-trailer overturned on I-65 near Ardmore
- Dislodged mobile home blocking Decatur roadway
- Marshall County man killed after tractor trailer hit his vehicle
- DeKalb County 140 bridge damaged, closed after tractor-trailer crash
- Overturned 18-wheeler blocked traffic in Decatur
- Traffic alert: Overturned chicken truck blocking roads in Colbert County
- Overturned 18-wheeler shuts down part of I-65 in Limestone County
- I-65 Southbound lanes back open after tractor trailer wreck