UPDATE from Huntsville Utilities:
Power has been restored to the majority of customers in the previously reported area. Anyone still experiencing a service-related issue should call 256-53-LIGHT.
The outage was caused when a section of line burned out and fell, making contact with a street light arm on Lanier Boulevard.
Huntsville Utilities Electric Operations crews are still in the area performing maintenance and repairs.
Huntsville Utilities and the Madison Police Department are responding to a power outage.
The outage is in the city of Madison from Mill Road south to Martin Road and from Wall Triana Highway/Sullivan Street east to Zierdt Road, according to Huntsville Utilities.
Madison police say the outage is impacting several intersections along Madison Boulevard and Wall Triana.
All intersections without lights should be treated as four-way stops until power is restored.
- Madison power back after outage
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities responding to Madison power outage
- Widespread power outages reported across Huntsville, Madison County
- Damage, power outages caused by strong storm in Madison County
- Power outage reported as fixed in city of Madison
- Power mostly restored after outages reported in Madison, North Huntsville
- More than 1,300 customers affected by Madison County power outage
- Water outage today in northeast Madison County
- Wind damage causes power outage in Bridgeport
- Wreck in southwest Huntsville causes power outage