The Huntsville Police Department is investigating a business theft that ended in a car accident.
Police responded to a wreck at the intersection of Bob Wallace Avenue and L&N Drive
Prior to the wreck, a traffic officer on Memorial Parkway tried to pull a vehicle over for not having a tag. The vehicle got away, but later was involved in the wreck, police said.
At the wreck, officers noticed a large amount of merchandise in the vehicle. Home Depot representatives responded to the scene of the crash and identified their stolen merchandise in the car.
Huntsville Police believe the four people in the car stole the items from Home Depot prior to the attempted traffic stop and now are conducting a felony theft investigation as well as trying to determine if the wrecked vehicle was stolen.
One suspect has been apprehended.
- Traffic alert: Huntsville police investigating accident at Bob Wallace, L&N Drive
- Traffic alert: One lane of Bob Wallace Avenue closed for gas line work
- Traffic Alert: Eastbound, westbound lanes on Bob Wallace Avenue at Triana Boulevard shutdown due to wreck
- Huntsville police: Drugs, alcohol possibly factors in serious Bob Wallace crash
- Huntsville police: Westbound lanes blocked on Bob Wallace at 10th Avenue due to wreck
- Traffic alert: Accident closes portion of Sparkman Drive
- UPDATE: Cyclist killed in wreck on Bob Wallace Avenue identified
- Multi-car crash shuts down Bob Wallace Ave.
- Pedestrian struck on Bob Wallace Avenue late Thursday
- Traffic alert: Accident impacting Jordan Lane